Saturday, February 16, 2008

Hello Internet

Hello Internet. This is Simon Lyle Chow. I don't know exactly what this blog will consist of in the future. Or how long I'll will keep it up. As I was planning it out in my head I was thinking it would consist of all of the following at various times:

  1. Quotes that I find inspirational and/or entertaining
  2. Pics
  3. General updates on my existence
  4. Outworkings of my Theological study
  5. Possible works of fiction and poetry

I hope that everything I post will give glory to my Lord and Saviro Jesus Christ.

And I hope you like it. Check it once in awhile when you are bored. Or when you're not bored if you are that interested in the thoughts of a Half Chinese-Security guard-single Dad-Calvinist who just got 2 pet rats.

First a few comments on the name. I wanted the address of this blog to be onceandfuture.blogspot.com, but this was already taken. It so happens that it was taken by some guy in 2003. This guy in his one (and only) post five years ago stated that he didn't like the Old testament at that he believed certain parts of the Bible were patently false. Go figure.

Also I do not mean to imply in anyway that Jesus is not King right now or that there has ever been a time when he wasn't King. I do think however that the analogy of a rightful King taking back his realm is helpful, somewhat accurate, and sounds cool.