Monday, August 16, 2010

Some simple thoughts on Ground Zero

I've heard a lot recently about Ground Zero and the proposed Mosque there. I have some pretty simple thoughts on the subject.

First of all I want to state clearly:I don't want there to be a Mosque at ground zero. I actually don't want there to be mosques any where. Since every square inch of this universe belongs to the Lord Jesus Christ I don't want to see any part of it used for religious gathering that does not worship him. I don't want there to be any part of God's creation used to shakes a fist at the creator. And that would include Mosques, Budhist and Hindu temples, apostate Churches, strip clubs, abortion clinics and a lot of other sorts of places.

However on the matter of the mosque, and the matter of whether it should be legal to have a mosque there, we have to remember the kind of government our nation has. I don't think that this is the kind of government we should have (although it has certainly been a blessing in many ways). We do have a government and a constituion which has never, from the inception of the nation, recognised the crown rights of Jesus.

And when it comes to the constitution I think it is pretty clear that the Governemtn has no right to stop any group from using their land or purchasing land for whatever sort of assembly they please.

So I don't want there to be a mosque on ground zero, but I also don't think that our Government as it is currently constituted (and I also don't support a violent revolution) should stop them from building one.

I don't think that Christians should expect the Government to stop this. I don't think that Christians should want this Government to have the right to stop this. What else would we be giving them the right to do then?

It is probably too late now, but if Chrisitans and conservatives are so concerned about ground zero being sacred maybe they should have raised money and bought the land in question.

No comments: