Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving


So I guess if I rated my Thanksgiving experience on a scale of 1 to 10 it would be a solid 7. Which is better than expected so I'll give some thanks right now.


Highlights:



  • Spent some time, in the morning, doing Family worship with Penelope and her friend Aman (who had a sleep over) talked about repentance.

  • Cooked a 20 Lbs. Turkey. That was kind of an impulse buy, and the 11 of us didn't eat half of it. I was planning on cooking it for 5 hours, but really ended up cooking it for 6. Everyone liked it (or at least claimed to).

  • I asked for volunteers to read Ephesians 5:15-21 before the meal and my Sister's uncle Lenord did the honors: 15 Look carefully then how you walk, not as unwise but as wise, 16 making the best use of the time, because the days are evil. 17 Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the will of the Lord is. 18 And do not get drunk with wine, for that is debauchery, but be filled with the Spirit, 19 addressing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody to the Lord with your heart, 20 giving thanks always and for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, 21 submitting to one another out of reverence for Christ.

  • After reading we all said what we were thankful for.

  • I got to play Risk. I don't remember the last time I played a game of Risk. Five people played. I didn't win, but was the last to be conquered. So I guess that is like a Silver medal. I held on to Australia for almost the entire game. Afterward I talked to John "The conquerer" my Sister's faither in law about strategy.

Yeah definitely a solid 7 over all.

No comments: